We can all take the time to be good stewards in our own backyards to improve wildlife habitat and water quality. We offer the following booklets and/or fact sheets with suggestions and guidelines for use in your own yard. Free in limited quantities.
- Landscaping Education Packet for Homeowners: 10 page packet with information on water quality and water conservation, native plants, benefits of trees, proper mulching technique, soil testing, alternative pesticides, etc.,
- Conserving Soil and Water with Mulches
- How Green Is Your Yard?
- Backyard Conservation – 28 page full color guidance from NRCS on bringing conservation from the countryside to your backyard (also available in Spanish)
- Conservation Plants of the Northeast
- The Benefits of Trees
- Three Planting
- Do You Know What’s Growing in Your Backyard – Native vs. invasive plants
- Water Conservation
- Wildlife Habitat
Contact Holly Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org to order.